- (v. t.) To excite; to tease, or worry; to harry.
- (n.) A rodent of the genus Lepus, having long hind legs, a short tail, and a divided upper lip. It is a timid animal, moves swiftly by leaps, and is remarkable for its fecundity.
- (n.) A small constellation situated south of and under the foot of Orion; Lepus.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: RHEA
- (n.) The ramie or grass-cloth plant. See Grass-cloth plant, under Grass.
- (n.) Any one of three species of large South American ostrichlike birds of the genera Rhea and Pterocnemia. Called also the American ostrich.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To perceive by the ear; to apprehend or take cognizance of by the ear; as, to hear sounds; to hear a voice; to hear one call.
- (v. t.) To give audience or attention to; to listen to; to heed; to accept the doctrines or advice of; to obey; to examine; to try in a judicial court; as, to hear a recitation; to hear a class; the case will be heard to-morrow.
- (v. t.) To attend, or be present at, as hearer or worshiper; as, to hear a concert; to hear Mass.
- (v. t.) To give attention to as a teacher or judge.
- (v. t.) To accede to the demand or wishes of; to listen to and answer favorably; to favor.
- (v. i.) To have the sense or faculty of perceiving sound.
- (v. i.) To use the power of perceiving sound; to perceive or apprehend by the ear; to attend; to listen.
- (v. i.) To be informed by oral communication; to be told; to receive information by report or by letter.
- Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology; sister and wife of Zeus remembered for her jealously of the many mortal women Zeus fell in love with; identified with Roman Juno