- (n.) Any wading bird of the genus Ardea and allied genera, of the family Ardeidae. The herons have a long, sharp bill, and long legs and toes, with the claw of the middle toe toothed. The common European heron (Ardea cinerea) is remarkable for its directly ascending flight, and was formerly hunted with the larger falcons.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: RHONE
- A major French river; flows into the Mediterranean near Marseilles; "the valley of the Rhone is famous for its vineyards"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- United States singer and actress (born in 1917)
- United States operatic mezzo-soprano (born 1934)
- Richard Hengist Horne (born Richard Henry Horne) (31 December 1802 – 13 March 1884) was an English poet and critic most famous for his poem Orion. In 1867 he changed his second Christian name from Henry to Hengist.