- (n.) Having worth or excellence; possessing merit; valuable; deserving; estimable; excellent; virtuous.
- (n.) Having suitable, adapted, or equivalent qualities or value; -- usually with of before the thing compared or the object; more rarely, with a following infinitive instead of of, or with that; as, worthy of, equal in excellence, value, or dignity to; entitled to; meriting; -- usually in a good sense, but sometimes in a bad one.
- (n.) Of high station; of high social position.
- (n.) A man of eminent worth or value; one distinguished for useful and estimable qualities; a person of conspicuous desert; -- much used in the plural; as, the worthies of the church; political worthies; military worthies.
- (v. t.) To render worthy; to exalt into a hero.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.