Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: RIG
- (n.) A ridge.
- (n.) The peculiar fitting in shape, number, and arrangement of sails and masts, by which different types of vessels are distinguished; as, schooner rig, ship rig, etc. See Illustration in Appendix.
- (n.) Dress; esp., odd or fanciful clothing.
- (n.) A romp; a wanton; one given to unbecoming conduct.
- (n.) A sportive or unbecoming trick; a frolic.
- (n.) A blast of wind.
- (v. i.) To play the wanton; to act in an unbecoming manner; to play tricks.
- (v. t.) To furnish with apparatus or gear; to fit with tackling.
- (v. t.) To dress; to equip; to clothe, especially in an odd or fanciful manner; -- commonly followed by out.
- (v. t.) To make free with; hence, to steal; to pilfer.