- (n.) A fantastic grimace or contortion of the body.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: RIPE
- (n.) The bank of a river.
- (superl.) Ready for reaping or gathering; having attained perfection; mature; -- said of fruits, seeds, etc.; as, ripe grain.
- (superl.) Advanced to the state of fitness for use; mellow; as, ripe cheese; ripe wine.
- (superl.) Having attained its full development; mature; perfected; consummate.
- (superl.) Maturated or suppurated; ready to discharge; -- said of sores, tumors, etc.
- (superl.) Ready for action or effect; prepared.
- (superl.) Like ripened fruit in ruddiness and plumpness.
- (superl.) Intoxicated.
- (v. i.) To ripen; to grow ripe.
- (v. t.) To mature; to ripen.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) An imaginary being, male or female, like an elf or fairy, represented as a descendant of fallen angels, excluded from paradise till penance is accomplished.
- (n.) Any detached mass of masonry, whether insulated or supporting one side of an arch or lintel, as of a bridge; the piece of wall between two openings.
- (n.) Any additional or auxiliary mass of masonry used to stiffen a wall. See Buttress.
- (n.) A projecting wharf or landing place.
- (n.) The plant privet.
- (v. i.) To pry.