- The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RIS
- (n.) A bough or branch; a twig.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A man of social authority and dignity; a lord; a master; a gentleman; -- in this sense usually spelled sire.
- (n.) A title prefixed to the Christian name of a knight or a baronet.
- (n.) An English rendering of the LAtin Dominus, the academical title of a bachelor of arts; -- formerly colloquially, and sometimes contemptuously, applied to the clergy.
- (n.) A respectful title, used in addressing a man, without being prefixed to his name; -- used especially in speaking to elders or superiors; sometimes, also, used in the way of emphatic formality.
- Indian title of respect