Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ROAR
- (n.) The sound of roaring.
- (n.) The deep, loud cry of a wild beast; as, the roar of a lion.
- (n.) The cry of one in pain, distress, anger, or the like.
- (n.) A loud, continuous, and confused sound; as, the roar of a cannon, of the wind, or the waves; the roar of ocean.
- (n.) A boisterous outcry or shouting, as in mirth.
- (v. i.) To cry with a full, loud, continued sound.
- (v. i.) To bellow, or utter a deep, loud cry, as a lion or other beast.
- (v. i.) To cry loudly, as in pain, distress, or anger.
- (v. i.) To make a loud, confused sound, as winds, waves, passing vehicles, a crowd of persons when shouting together, or the like.
- (v. i.) To be boisterous; to be disorderly.
- (v. i.) To laugh out loudly and continuously; as, the hearers roared at his jokes.
- (v. i.) To make a loud noise in breathing, as horses having a certain disease. See Roaring, 2.
- (v. t.) To cry aloud; to proclaim loudly.