- (n.) The forehead or brow, the part of the face above the eyes; sometimes, also, the whole face.
- (n.) The forehead, countenance, or personal presence, as expressive of character or temper, and especially, of boldness of disposition, sometimes of impudence; seeming; as, a bold front; a hardened front.
- (n.) The part or surface of anything which seems to look out, or to be directed forward; the fore or forward part; the foremost rank; the van; -- the opposite to back or rear; as, the front of a house; the front of an army.
- (n.) A position directly before the face of a person, or before the foremost part of a thing; as, in front of un person, of the troops, or of a house.
- (n.) The most conspicuous part.
- (n.) That which covers the foremost part of the head: a front piece of false hair worn by women.
- (n.) The beginning.
- (a.) Of or relating to the front or forward part; having a position in front; foremost; as, a front view.
- (v. t.) To oppose face to face; to oppose directly; to meet in a hostile manner.
- (v. t.) To appear before; to meet.
- (v. t.) To face toward; to have the front toward; to confront; as, the house fronts the street.
- (v. t.) To stand opposed or opposite to, or over against as, his house fronts the church.
- (v. t.) To adorn in front; to supply a front to; as, to front a house with marble; to front a head with laurel.
- (v. t.) To have or turn the face or front in any direction; as, the house fronts toward the east.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.