- (n.) See Rheostat.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ROTATES
- Plant or grow in a fixed cyclic order of succession; "We rotate the crops so as to maximize the use of the soil"
- Perform a job or duty on a rotating basis; "Interns have to rotate for a few months"
- Turn on or around an axis or a center; "The Earth revolves around the Sun"; "The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
- Turn outward; "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- Cause to turn on an axis or center; "Rotate the handle"
- Exchange on a regular basis; "We rotate the lead soprano every night"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who toasts.
- (n.) A kitchen utensil for toasting bread, cheese, etc.