Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ROW
- (a. & adv.) Rough; stern; angry.
- (n.) A noisy, turbulent quarrel or disturbance; a brawl.
- (n.) A series of persons or things arranged in a continued line; a line; a rank; a file; as, a row of trees; a row of houses or columns.
- (n.) The act of rowing; excursion in a rowboat.
- (v. i.) To use the oar; as, to row well.
- (v. i.) To be moved by oars; as, the boat rows easily.
- (v. t.) To propel with oars, as a boat or vessel, along the surface of water; as, to row a boat.
- (v. t.) To transport in a boat propelled with oars; as, to row the captain ashore in his barge.