Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
- Stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds; "The horse reared in terror"
- Cause to rise up
- Bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
- Rise up; "The building rose before them"
- The side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph"
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- The back of a military formation or procession; "infantrymen were in the rear"
- The part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store"
- The side of an object that is opposite its front; "his room was toward the rear of the hotel"
- Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784)