- (a.) Hard; harsh; severe; rough; toilsome.
- (a.) To last; to continue; to endure.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RUDE
- (superl.) Characterized by roughness; umpolished; raw; lacking delicacy or refinement; coarse.
- (superl.) Unformed by taste or skill; not nicely finished; not smoothed or polished; -- said especially of material things; as, rude workmanship.
- (superl.) Of untaught manners; unpolished; of low rank; uncivil; clownish; ignorant; raw; unskillful; -- said of persons, or of conduct, skill, and the like.
- (superl.) Violent; tumultuous; boisterous; inclement; harsh; severe; -- said of the weather, of storms, and the like; as, the rude winter.
- (superl.) Barbarous; fierce; bloody; impetuous; -- said of war, conflict, and the like; as, the rude shock of armies.
- (superl.) Not finished or complete; inelegant; lacking chasteness or elegance; not in good taste; unsatisfactory in mode of treatment; -- said of literature, language, style, and the like.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rue