- (a.) Of or pertaining to the genus Taurus, or cattle.
- (n.) A body occurring in small quantity in the juices of muscle, in the lungs, and elsewhere, but especially in the bile, where it is found as a component part of taurocholic acid, from which it can be prepared by decomposition of the acid. It crystallizes in colorless, regular six-sided prisms, and is especially characterized by containing both nitrogen and sulphur, being chemically amido-isethionic acid, C2H7NSO3.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: RUINATE
- (a.) Involved in ruin; ruined.
- (v. i.) To fall; to tumble.
- (v. t.) To demolish; to subvert; to destroy; to reduce to poverty; to ruin.
- (v. t.) To cause to fall; to cast down.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A general term for the uranium phosphates, autunite, or lime uranite, and torbernite, or copper uranite.
- (v. i.) To discharge urine; to make water.