Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: RUNNING
- (a.) Moving or advancing by running.
- (a.) Having a running gait; not a trotter or pacer.
- (a.) trained and kept for running races; as, a running horse.
- (a.) Successive; one following the other without break or intervention; -- said of periods of time; as, to be away two days running; to sow land two years running.
- (a.) Flowing; easy; cursive; as, a running hand.
- (a.) Continuous; keeping along step by step; as, he stated the facts with a running explanation.
- (a.) Extending by a slender climbing or trailing stem; as, a running vine.
- (a.) Discharging pus; as, a running sore.
- (n.) The act of one who, or of that which runs; as, the running was slow.
- (n.) That which runs or flows; the quantity of a liquid which flows in a certain time or during a certain operation; as, the first running of a still.
- (n.) The discharge from an ulcer or other sore.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Run