- Sabbath (transliteration of Hebrew)
- Seventh day of the Jewish week and a day of rest in Judaism.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SABBATH
- (n.) A season or day of rest; one day in seven appointed for rest or worship, the observance of which was enjoined upon the Jews in the Decalogue, and has been continued by the Christian church with a transference of the day observed from the last to the first day of the week, which is called also Lord's Day.
- (n.) The seventh year, observed among the Israelites as one of rest and festival.
- (n.) Fig.: A time of rest or repose; intermission of pain, effort, sorrow, or the like.