Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SAFE
- (n.) A place for keeping things in safety.
- (n.) A strong and fireproof receptacle (as a movable chest of steel, etc., or a closet or vault of brickwork) for containing money, valuable papers, or the like.
- (n.) A ventilated or refrigerated chest or closet for securing provisions from noxious animals or insects.
- (superl.) Free from harm, injury, or risk; untouched or unthreatened by danger or injury; unharmed; unhurt; secure; whole; as, safe from disease; safe from storms; safe from foes.
- (superl.) Conferring safety; securing from harm; not exposing to danger; confining securely; to be relied upon; not dangerous; as, a safe harbor; a safe bridge, etc.
- (superl.) Incapable of doing harm; no longer dangerous; in secure care or custody; as, the prisoner is safe.
- (v. t.) To render safe; to make right.