- A smooth fabric of silk or rayon; has a glossy face and a dull back
- An embroidery stitch.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SAINTS
- Declare (a dead person) to be a saint; "After he was shown to have performed a miracle, the priest was canonized"
- Hold sacred
- Person of exceptional holiness
- A person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Color for microscopic study; "The laboratory worker dyed the specimen"
- Color with a liquid dye or tint; "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color"; "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
- Produce or leave stains; "Red wine stains the table cloth"
- Make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
- An act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
- A soiled or discolored appearance; "the wine left a dark stain"
- A symbol of disgrace or infamy; "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
- The state of being covered with unclean things
- (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible