- Any of a group of hard glassy minerals (silicates of various metals) used as gemstones and as an abrasive
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SARGENT
- United States painter (born in Italy) known for his society portraits (1856-1925)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Belonging to another country; foreign.
- (superl.) Of or pertaining to others; not one's own; not pertaining to one's self; not domestic.
- (superl.) Not before known, heard, or seen; new.
- (superl.) Not according to the common way; novel; odd; unusual; irregular; extraordinary; unnatural; queer.
- (superl.) Reserved; distant in deportment.
- (superl.) Backward; slow.
- (superl.) Not familiar; unaccustomed; inexperienced.
- (adv.) Strangely.
- (v. t.) To alienate; to estrange.
- (v. i.) To be estranged or alienated.
- (v. i.) To wonder; to be astonished.