- Use of physical or mental energy; hard work; "he got an A for effort"; "they managed only with great exertion"
- Salty fluid secreted by sweat glands; "sweat poured off his brow"
- Condensation of moisture on a cold surface; "the cold glasses were streaked with sweat"
- Agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- Excrete perspiration through the pores in the skin; "Exercise makes one sweat"
- To perspire
- Garment consisting of sweat pants and a sweatshirt
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SAWSET
- (n.) An instrument used to set or turn the teeth of a saw a little sidewise, that they may make a kerf somewhat wider than the thickness of the blade, to prevent friction; -- called also saw-wrest.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing; "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
- Run off as waste; "The water wastes back into the ocean"
- Useless or profitless activity; using or expending or consuming thoughtlessly or carelessly; "if the effort brings no compensating gain it is a waste"; "mindless dissipation of natural resources"
- Get rid of; "We waste the dirty water by channeling it into the sewer"
- (law) reduction in the value of an estate caused by act or neglect
- Spend thoughtlessly; throw away;
- The trait of wasting resources; "a life characterized by thriftlessness and waste"; "the wastefulness of missed opportunities"
- An uninhabited wilderness that is worthless for cultivation; "the barrens of central Africa"; "the trackless wastes of the desert"
- Any materials unused and rejected as worthless or unwanted; "they collect the waste once a week"; "much of the was