- (a.) Such as must be; impossible to be otherwise; not to be avoided; inevitable.
- (a.) Impossible to be otherwise, or to be dispensed with, without preventing the attainment of a desired result; indispensable; requiste; essential.
- (a.) Acting from necessity or compulsion; involuntary; -- opposed to free; as, whether man is a necessary or a free agent is a question much discussed.
- (n.) A thing that is necessary or indispensable to some purpose; something that one can not do without; a requisite; an essential; -- used chiefly in the plural; as, the necessaries of life.
- (n.) A privy; a water-closet.
- (n.) Such things, in respect to infants, lunatics, and married women, as are requisite for support suitable to station.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.