- (v. t.) To set on fire; to inflame; to kindle; to burn.
- (v. t.) To inflame with anger; to endkindle; to fire; to incite; to provoke; to heat; to madden.
- (n.) To offer incense to. See Incense.
- (n.) To perfume with, or as with, incense.
- (n.) The perfume or odors exhaled from spices and gums when burned in celebrating religious rites or as an offering to some deity.
- (n.) The materials used for the purpose of producing a perfume when burned, as fragrant gums, spices, frankincense, etc.
- (n.) Also used figuratively.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.