- Someone who constantly criticizes in a petty way
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SCRAPER
- (n.) An instrument with which anything is scraped.
- (n.) An instrument by which the soles of shoes are cleaned from mud and the like, by drawing them across it.
- (n.) An instrument drawn by oxen or horses, used for scraping up earth in making or repairing roads, digging cellars, canals etc.
- (n.) An instrument having two or three sharp sides or edges, for cleaning the planks, masts, or decks of a ship.
- (n.) In the printing press, a board, or blade, the edge of which is made to rub over the tympan sheet and thus produce the impression.
- (n.) One who scrapes.
- (n.) One who plays awkwardly on a violin.
- (n.) One who acquires avariciously and saves penuriously.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"