Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SCRUPLES
- Motivation deriving logically from ethical or moral principles that govern a person's thoughts and actions
- An ethical or moral principle that inhibits action
- Have doubts about
- Uneasiness about the fitness of an action
- Raise scruples; "He lied and did not even scruple about it"
- A unit of apothecary weight equal to 20 grains
- Hesitate on moral grounds; "The man scrupled to perjure himself"