- (n.) Fine particles of stone, esp. of siliceous stone, but not reduced to dust; comminuted stone in the form of loose grains, which are not coherent when wet.
- (n.) A single particle of such stone.
- (n.) The sand in the hourglass; hence, a moment or interval of time; the term or extent of one's life.
- (n.) Tracts of land consisting of sand, like the deserts of Arabia and Africa; also, extensive tracts of sand exposed by the ebb of the tide.
- (n.) Courage; pluck; grit.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle or cover with sand.
- (v. t.) To drive upon the sand.
- (v. t.) To bury (oysters) beneath drifting sand or mud.
- (v. t.) To mix with sand for purposes of fraud; as, to sand sugar.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SDAN
- (v. & n.) Disdain.