Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SEA
- (n.) One of the larger bodies of salt water, less than an ocean, found on the earth's surface; a body of salt water of second rank, generally forming part of, or connecting with, an ocean or a larger sea; as, the Mediterranean Sea; the Sea of Marmora; the North Sea; the Carribean Sea.
- (n.) An inland body of water, esp. if large or if salt or brackish; as, the Caspian Sea; the Sea of Aral; sometimes, a small fresh-water lake; as, the Sea of Galilee.
- (n.) The ocean; the whole body of the salt water which covers a large part of the globe.
- (n.) The swell of the ocean or other body of water in a high wind; motion of the water's surface; also, a single wave; a billow; as, there was a high sea after the storm; the vessel shipped a sea.
- (n.) A great brazen laver in the temple at Jerusalem; -- so called from its size.
- (n.) Fig.: Anything resembling the sea in vastness; as, a sea of glory.