- (a.) Washed with a preparation of white lead; as, cerused face.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SEDUCER
- (n.) One who, or that which, seduces; specifically, one who prevails over the chastity of a woman by enticements and persuasions.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Challenge or except to a judge as being incompetent or interested, in canon and civil law
- Disqualify oneself (as a judge) in a particular case
- Lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture; "cut bourbon"
- Lessen and make more modest; "reduce one's standard of living"
- Narrow or limit; "reduce the influx of foreigners"
- Bring to humbler or weaker state or condition; "He reduced the population to slavery"
- Cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"
- Put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
- Be cooked until very little liquid is left; "The sauce should reduce to one cup"
- Be the essential element; "The proposal boils down to a compromise"
- To remove oxygen from a compound, or cause to react with hydrogen or form a hydride, or to undergo an increase in the number of electrons
- Make smaller; "reduce an image"
- Reduce in
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rescue
- (imp. & p. p.) of Secure