- (pl.) of Seta
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To comb or card, as wool or flax.
- (v. t.) To stratch, as cloth, for the purpose of raising a nap; teasel.
- (v. t.) To tear or separate into minute shreds, as with needles or similar instruments.
- (v. t.) To vex with importunity or impertinence; to harass, annoy, disturb, or irritate by petty requests, or by jests and raillery; to plague.
- (n.) One who teases or plagues.