- (n.) A name sometimes given to that dialect of the Celtic which is spoken in the Highlands of Scotland; -- called, by the Highlanders, Gaelic.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Celtic race in the Highlands of Scotland, or to their language.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SEER
- (a.) Sore; painful.
- (n.) One who sees.
- (n.) A person who foresees events; a prophet.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To shake; to quake; to tremble.
- (a.) [OE. seer, AS. sear (assumed) fr. searian to wither; akin to D. zoor dry, LG. soor, OHG. sor/n to to wither, Gr. a"y`ein to parch, to dry, Skr. /ush (for sush) to dry, to wither, Zend hush to dry. Ã152. Cf. Austere, Sorrel, a.] Dry; withered; no longer green; -- applied to leaves.
- (a.) Dry; withered. Same as Sear.
- (n.) Claw; talon.