- Inquire for; "seek directions from a local"
- Try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of; "The police are searching for clues"; "They are searching for the missing man in the entire county"
- Go to or towards; "a liquid seeks its own level"
- Try to get or reach; "seek a position"; "seek an education"; "seek happiness"
- Make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- The movement of a read/write head to a specific data track on a disk
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SEKES
- (n.) A place in a pagan temple in which the images of the deities were inclosed.