- Any unwanted and destructive insect or other animal that attacks food or crops or livestock etc.; "he sprayed the garden to get rid of pests"; "many pests have developed resistance to the common pesticides"
- A persistently annoying person
- Any epidemic disease with a high death rate
- A serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of a flea that has bitten an infected animal
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SEPTS
- People descended from a common ancestor; "his family has lived in Massachusetts since the Mayflower"
- The month following August and preceding October
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Cause (a computer) to execute a single command
- A short distance; "it's only a step to the drugstore"
- Relative position in a graded series; "always a step behind"; "subtle gradations in color"; "keep in step with the fashions"
- A flight of stairs or a flight of steps
- Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
- The course along which a person has walked or is walking in; "I followed in his steps"; "he retraced his steps"; "his steps turned toward home"
- Move or proceed as if by steps into a new situation; "She stepped into a life of luxury"; "he won't step into his father's footsteps"
- The act of changing location by raising the foot and setting it down; "he walked with unsteady steps"
- Measure (distances) by pacing; "step off ten yards"
- A sequence of foot movements that make up a particular dance; "he taught th