Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SETULA
- (n.) A small, short hair or bristle; a small seta.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To address, as with expressions of kind wishes and courtesy; to greet; to hail.
- (v. t.) Hence, to give a sign of good will; to compliment by an act or ceremony, as a kiss, a bow, etc.
- (v. t.) To honor, as some day, person, or nation, by a discharge of cannon or small arms, by dipping colors, by cheers, etc.
- (v. t.) To promote the welfare and safety of; to benefit; to gratify.
- (v.) The act of saluting, or expressing kind wishes or respect; salutation; greeting.
- (v.) A sign, token, or ceremony, expressing good will, compliment, or respect, as a kiss, a bow, etc.
- (v.) A token of respect or honor for some distinguished or official personage, for a foreign vessel or flag, or for some festival or event, as by presenting arms, by a discharge of cannon, volleys of small arms, dipping the colors or the topsails, etc.