- (v. t.) To dispute; to discuss.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SETUP
- An act that incriminates someone on a false charge
- Equipment designed to serve a specific function
- The way something is organized or arranged; "it takes time to learn the setup around here"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) Cloth or flax dipped in warm water or medicaments and applied to a hurt or sore.
- (v. t.) To foment with a stupe.
- (n.) A stupid person.
- (v. t.) To set up; to put upright.
- (v. t.) To thicken and shorten, as a heated piece of iron, by hammering on the end.
- (v. t.) To shorten (a tire) in the process of resetting, originally by cutting it and hammering on the ends.
- (v. t.) To overturn, overthrow, or overset; as, to upset a carriage; to upset an argument.
- (v. t.) To disturb the self-possession of; to disorder the nerves of; to make ill; as, the fright upset her.
- (v. i.) To become upset.
- (a.) Set up; fixed; determined; -- used chiefly or only in the phrase upset price; that is, the price fixed upon as the minimum for property offered in a public sale, or, in an auction, the price at which property is set up or started by the auctioneer, and the lowest price at which it will be sold.
- (n.) The act of upsetting, or the state of being upset; an overturn; as, the wagon had an upset.