Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SEW
- (n.) Juice; gravy; a seasoned dish; a delicacy.
- (v. i.) To practice sewing; to work with needle and thread.
- (v. t.) To follow; to pursue; to sue.
- (v. t.) To unite or fasten together by stitches, as with a needle and thread.
- (v. t.) To close or stop by ssewing; -- often with up; as, to sew up a rip.
- (v. t.) To inclose by sewing; -- sometimes with up; as, to sew money in a bag.
- (v. t.) To drain, as a pond, for taking the fish.