- An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SEWER
- (n.) One who sews, or stitches.
- (n.) A small tortricid moth whose larva sews together the edges of a leaf by means of silk; as, the apple-leaf sewer (Phoxopteris nubeculana)
- (n.) A drain or passage to carry off water and filth under ground; a subterraneous channel, particularly in cities.
- (n.) Formerly, an upper servant, or household officer, who set on and removed the dishes at a feast, and who also brought water for the hands of the guests.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Sew again; "The cuff of the coat had been resewn"
- A river in northwestern Germany that flows northward to the North Sea near Bremerhaven