- A mediocre and disdained writer
- A politician who belongs to a small clique that controls a political party for private rather than public ends
- Cough spasmodically; "The patient with emphysema is hacking all day"
- Significantly cut up a manuscript
- Fix a computer program piecemeal until it works; "I'm not very good at hacking but I'll give it my best"
- Kick on the shins
- Kick on the arms
- Cut with a hacking tool
- A saddle horse used for transportation rather than sport etc.
- Cut away; "he hacked his way through the forest"
- A horse kept for hire
- Be able to manage or manage successfully; "I can't hack it anymore"; "she could not cut the long days in the office"
- An old or over-worked horse
- A car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money
- A tool (as a hoe or pick or mattock) used for breaking up the surface o
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: SHACK
- (n.) The grain left after harvest or gleaning; also, nuts which have fallen to the ground.
- (n.) Liberty of winter pasturage.
- (n.) A shiftless fellow; a low, itinerant beggar; a vagabond; a tramp.
- (v. t.) To shed or fall, as corn or grain at harvest.
- (v. t.) To feed in stubble, or upon waste corn.
- (v. t.) To wander as a vagabond or a tramp.