- (n.) A brief expression, sometimes a single word, but usually two or more words forming an expression by themselves, or being a portion of a sentence; as, an adverbial phrase.
- (n.) A short, pithy expression; especially, one which is often employed; a peculiar or idiomatic turn of speech; as, to err is human.
- (n.) A mode or form of speech; the manner or style in which any one expreses himself; diction; expression.
- (n.) A short clause or portion of a period.
- (v. t.) To express in words, or in peculiar words; to call; to style.
- (v. i.) To use proper or fine phrases.
- (v. i.) To group notes into phrases; as, he phrases well. See Phrase, n., 4.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SHAPER
- (n.) One who shapes; as, the shaper of one's fortunes.
- (n.) That which shapes; a machine for giving a particular form or outline to an object.
- (n.) A kind of planer in which the tool, instead of the work, receives a reciprocating motion, usually from a crank.
- (n.) A machine with a vertically revolving cutter projecting above a flat table top, for cutting irregular outlines, moldings, etc.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One of an order of celestial beings, each having three pairs of wings. In ecclesiastical art and in poetry, a seraph is represented as one of a class of angels.
- A member of the Himalayan people living in Nepal and Tibet who are famous for their skill as mountaineers
- (n.) A place baited with chaff to entice birds.