- Listen; used mostly in the imperative
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SHARK
- (v. i.) To play the petty thief; to practice fraud or trickery; to swindle.
- (v. i.) To live by shifts and stratagems.
- (v. t.) To pick or gather indiscriminately or covertly.
- (v. t. & i.) Any one of numerous species of elasmobranch fishes of the order Plagiostomi, found in all seas.
- (v. t. & i.) A rapacious, artful person; a sharper.
- (v. t. & i.) Trickery; fraud; petty rapine; as, to live upon the shark.