- A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another
- A person who inherits some title or office
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: SHERI
- (pron.) Alt. of Hirs
- Wary and distrustful; disposed to avoid persons or things; "shy of strangers"
- Lacking self-confidence; "stood in the doorway diffident and abashed"; "problems that call for bold not timid responses"; "a very unsure young man"
- Short; "eleven is one shy of a dozen"
- (n.) A portion of Great Britain originally under the supervision of an earl; a territorial division, usually identical with a county, but sometimes limited to a smaller district; as, Wiltshire, Yorkshire, Richmondshire, Hallamshire.
- (n.) A division of a State, embracing several contiguous townships; a county.