- Twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes; the dried flowers of this plant are used in brewing to add the characteristic bitter taste to beer
- Travel by means of an aircraft, bus, etc.; "She hopped a train to Chicago"; "He hopped rides all over the country"
- The act of hopping; jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)
- Jump lightly
- An informal dance where popular music is played
- Make a jump forward or upward
- Jump across; "He hopped the bush"
- Traverse as if by a short airplane trip; "Hop the Pacific Ocean"
- Move quickly from one place to another
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SHOP
- Imp. of Shape. Shaped.
- (n.) A building or an apartment in which goods, wares, drugs, etc., are sold by retail.
- (n.) A building in which mechanics or artisans work; as, a shoe shop; a car shop.
- (v. i.) To visit shops for the purpose of purchasing goods.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Elegant and fashionable; "classy clothes"; "a classy dame"; "a posh restaurant"; "a swish pastry shop on the Rue du Bac"- Julia Child
- (n.) A contraction of Soph ister.
- (n.) A contraction of Sophomore.