Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: SHOWS
- Establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
- The act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining; "a remarkable show of skill"
- Indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
- Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show"
- Give evidence of, as of records; "The diary shows his distress that evening"
- A social event involving a public performance or entertainment; "they wanted to see some of the shows on Broadway"
- Indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively; "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents