- An amino acid containing sulfur that is found in most proteins; oxidizes on exposure to air to form cystine
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
- (n.) The quality or state of being necessary, unavoidable, or absolutely requisite; inevitableness; indispensableness.
- (n.) The condition of being needy or necessitous; pressing need; indigence; want.
- (n.) That which is necessary; a necessary; a requisite; something indispensable; -- often in the plural.
- (n.) That which makes an act or an event unavoidable; irresistible force; overruling power; compulsion, physical or moral; fate; fatality.
- (n.) The negation of freedom in voluntary action; the subjection of all phenomena, whether material or spiritual, to inevitable causation; necessitarianism.