- A gum used especially as a thickener or emulsifier
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SIGNAL
- (a.) Noticeable; distinguished from what is ordinary; eminent; remarkable; memorable; as, a signal exploit; a signal service; a signal act of benevolence.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to signals, or the use of signals in conveying information; as, a signal flag or officer.
- (n.) A sign made for the purpose of giving notice to a person of some occurence, command, or danger; also, a sign, event, or watchword, which has been agreed upon as the occasion of concerted action.
- (n.) A token; an indication; a foreshadowing; a sign.
- (v. t.) To communicate by signals; as, to signal orders.
- (v. t.) To notify by a signals; to make a signal or signals to; as, to signal a fleet to anchor.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
- Bring (components or parts) into proper or desirable coordination correlation; "align the wheels of my car"; "ordinate similar parts"
- Align oneself with a group or a way of thinking
- Be or come into adjustment with
- Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered