Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SIP
- (n.) The act of sipping; the taking of a liquid with the lips.
- (n.) A small draught taken with the lips; a slight taste.
- (v. i.) To drink a small quantity; to take a fluid with the lips; to take a sip or sips of something.
- (v. i.) See Seep.
- (v. t.) To drink or imbibe in small quantities; especially, to take in with the lips in small quantities, as a liquid; as, to sip tea.
- (v. t.) To draw into the mouth; to suck up; as, a bee sips nectar from the flowers.
- (v. t.) To taste the liquor of; to drink out of.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A unit of pressure
- Psychic phenomenon
- The 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet