- (v. t.) To request; to seek to obtain by words; to petition; to solicit; -- often with of, in the sense of from, before the person addressed.
- (v. t.) To require, demand, claim, or expect, whether by way of remuneration or return, or as a matter of necessity; as, what price do you ask?
- (v. t.) To interrogate or inquire of or concerning; to put a question to or about; to question.
- (v. t.) To invite; as, to ask one to an entertainment.
- (v. t.) To publish in church for marriage; -- said of both the banns and the persons.
- (v. i.) To request or petition; -- usually followed by for; as, to ask for bread.
- (v. i.) To make inquiry, or seek by request; -- sometimes followed by after.
- (n.) A water newt.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SKA
- Ska (/ˈskɑː/, Jamaican [skjæ]) is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s and was the precursor to rocksteady and reggae