- (pl.) of Larve
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: SLAVER
- (n.) A vessel engaged in the slave trade; a slave ship.
- (n.) A person engaged in the purchase and sale of slaves; a slave merchant, or slave trader.
- (n.) Saliva driveling from the mouth.
- (v. i.) To suffer spittle, etc., to run from the mouth.
- (v. i.) To be besmeared with saliva.
- (v. t.) To smear with saliva issuing from the mouth; to defile with drivel; to slabber.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Seaweed with edible translucent crinkly green fronds
- Edible red seaweeds
- (Old Testament) large basin used by a priest in an ancient Jewish temple to perform ritual ablutions
- Australian tennis player who in 1962 was the second man to win the Australian and French and English and United States singles titles in the same year; in 1969 he repeated this feat (born in 1938)
- Tangle or complicate; "a ravelled story"
- Disentangle; "can you unravel the mystery?"
- A row of unravelled stitches; "she got a run in her stocking"
- French composer and exponent of Impressionism (1875-1937)
- (n.) One who salves, or uses salve as a remedy; hence, a quacksalver, or quack.
- (n.) A salvor.
- (n.) A tray or waiter on which anything is presented.
- (n.) An African wild cat (Felis serval) of moderate size. It has rather long legs and a tail of moderate length. Its color is tawny, with black spots on the body and rings of black on the tail.
- A consonant produced with the back of the tongue touching or near the soft palate
- (a.) Universal.