- A formal reception of visitors or guests (as at a royal court)
- 4. sovereign's assembly
- An embankment that is built in order to prevent a river from overflowing
- A pier that provides a landing place on a river
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SLEEVE
- (n.) See Sleave, untwisted thread.
- (n.) The part of a garment which covers the arm; as, the sleeve of a coat or a gown.
- (n.) A narrow channel of water.
- (n.) A tubular part made to cover, sustain, or steady another part, or to form a connection between two parts.
- (n.) A long bushing or thimble, as in the nave of a wheel.
- (n.) A short piece of pipe used for covering a joint, or forming a joint between the ends of two other pipes.
- (v. t.) To furnish with sleeves; to put sleeves into; as, to sleeve a coat.