- Attack and bombard with or as if with missiles; "pelt the speaker with questions"
- Cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile; "They pelted each other with snowballs"
- Rain heavily; "Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!"
- Body covering of a living animal
- The dressed hairy coat of a mammal
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SLEPT
- Imp. & p. p. of Sleep.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sleep
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Of Spell
- Imp. & p. p. of Spell. Spelled.
- (n.) A species of grain (Triticum Spelta) much cultivated for food in Germany and Switzerland; -- called also German wheat.
- (n.) Spelter.
- (v. t. & i.) To split; to break; to spalt.