- The temporary provision of money (usually at interest)
- Give temporarily; let have for a limited time; "I will lend you my car"; "loan me some money"
- A word borrowed from another language; e.g. `blitz' is a German word borrowed into modern English
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) An apartment for the reception of company; hence, in the plural, fashionable parties; circles of fashionable society.
- Very large white gannet with black wing tips