- A Greek island in the northern Aegean Sea; famous for a reddish-brown clay that has medicinal properties
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: SOLEMN
- (a.) Marked with religious rites and pomps; enjoined by, or connected with, religion; sacred.
- (a.) Pertaining to a festival; festive; festal.
- (a.) Stately; ceremonious; grand.
- (a.) Fitted to awaken or express serious reflections; marked by seriousness; serious; grave; devout; as, a solemn promise; solemn earnestness.
- (a.) Real; earnest; downright.
- (a.) Affectedly grave or serious; as, to put on a solemn face.
- (a.) Made in form; ceremonious; as, solemn war; conforming with all legal requirements; as, probate in solemn form.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A strong yellow color
- A distinctive tart flavor characteristic of lemons
- Yellow oval fruit with juicy acidic flesh
- A small evergreen tree that originated in Asia but is widely cultivated for its fruit
- An artifact (especially an automobile) that is defective or unsatisfactory
- Any of various fruit of cucurbitaceous vines including: muskmelons; watermelons; cantaloupes; cucumbers
- Any of numerous fruits of the gourd family having a hard rind and sweet juicy flesh