- Use foul or abusive language towards; "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket"; "The angry mother shouted at the teacher"
- Utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy; "`I won!' he exclaimed"; "`Help!' she cried"; "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
- Utter in a loud voice; talk in a loud voice (usually denoting characteristic manner of speaking); "My grandmother is hard of hearing--you'll have to shout"
- Utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- A loud utterance; often in protest or opposition; "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: SOUTHS
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!